Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I wish more people played games

    
   I play a lot of video games, but that doesn't mean I do it all the time. I am also a big nerd, so I watch a lot of TV shows and movies with my wife and friends. Every once in a while its nice to watch a movie that you really don't have to pay a lot of attention to get the full entertainment value. I watched The Interview recently and I laughed pretty much the entire time. There wasn't a hard to follow story, or a lot of twists and turns, but it was a lot of bang for my buck. Ont he other end of the spectrum, sometimes we get involved in these great elegant stories that have so much writing that it makes us feel like we are part of the world we are watching. For those of you who don't game, this is what we experience with a lot of games as well.

   The amount of writing and time that goes into most games is really astounding sometimes. I have a couple games that I want my wife to play through with me, but I know she's going to get bored since they are single player. It isn't that I'm wanting her to be as into games as I am, but its more the fact that i know if people took the time to invest in games, they would be a bit more of a fan. There aren't many, but some love stories in video games rival that of some really popular romantic films. I mean, Mario and Luigi is a better love story than Twilight. All jokes aside though, there is a lot more to games than just mashing buttons and yelling slurs about the other player's mother.  Imagine if instead of Mark Wahlberg buddies all getting shot in Lone Survivor, you could 360 noscope that goatherder and save the day! Well not exactly, but that's kinda how games are. Game let you be a part of the story, and instead of watching you get to act.

  Next time your bored waiting for Avengers 2 to come out and haven't got your preorder of 51 Shades of Grey: It just got a lot Greyyer, pick up a controller and join the phenomenon! Have fun, and aim for the head!

No comments:

Post a Comment